Wednesday 19 April 2017

Risk Assessment for location filming/photography

The location where all the animating will take place, is going to be my own room, since that is where I will set up the set. However there are still risks that I need to avoid and secure for the saftey of myself, and my family who I live with.

Risk: Tripping over wires connected to lighting.
Danger: May cause injury to myself, or anyone else entering my room, may also damage electrical outlets that the wires are plugged in, which could risk people getting electrocuted, and could also cause an electrical fire.
Solution: Ensure that all wires are either tucked away where people cannot trip over them, or that the wires are pinned down to the floor, to reduce chances of people tripping.

Risk: Getting burned by lamp used for lighting.
Danger: The bulb on one of the lamps which I use for lighting heats up when it has been on for longer. If touched the bulb will burn the person's skin and will cause a lot of pain.
Solution: Ensure that the lamp is out of any person's way, and when handling the lamp, ensure that the lamp is turned of and has cooled down.

Risk: Damaging or blinding your eyes from lighting.
Danger: Some of the lights which I used, including incredibly bright LED's, if directed towards someones eyes, could cause serious damage, or in extreme cases blind the person.
Solution: Ensure that when turned on, all lighting is directed away from anyone's sight. If you were to be in a position when the lighting is directed towards your eyes, ensure that you where special glasses which can help you avoid being blinded.

Risk: Electrical fire caused by electrical outlet
Danger: During the filming/photography I will be using lamps for lighting in order to keep lighting constant in my animation. This requires using electricity. However Electric fires can be caused easily of used in the wrong manner, which would be an incredible danger to myself, and the family I live with.
Solution: Ensure that no drinks or water of any kind is placed near the electrical outlet, or near any of the lighting equipment. Also ensure that the equipment I use isn't faulty or dangerous at all. Also if an electrical outlet appears faulty or dangerous in someway, ensure that you do not use that electrical outlet until proved safe by an electrician.

Risk: Fire caused by concentrated light
Danger: A fire could also be caused by the lighting shining any glass material, because the glass material could convert the harmless light into concentrated light, and then set fire to the set (which is mostly made out of paper and wood which is flammable)
Solution: Ensure that no glass material, including glasses, magnifying glasses, bottles, etc, are exposed to the light which is coming from the set's lighting.

Risk: Losing all animated images
Danger: If I were to misplace or delete the images which are needed for the final animation, I would cause myself and the client a huge inconvenience, since I would cause a delay in the project because I would have to re-do the photography.
Solution: Ensure that when an SD card is full, I store the SD card in a place secure place, such as a box or a case, which I can keep close to my computer, which I will be editing the video on.

No comments:

Post a Comment